2020 COPWRA Rodeo Season Update
April’s Rodeo has been cancelled.
May’s Rodeo- we anticipate this will have to be cancelled, but in case we can have it here is what our contingency plan will look like; a decision will be made by April 21st for our May rodeo.
PLAN A = 7 Rodeos (If we can go ahead with May rodeo date)
- 7 Rodeos for the Season – May, June, July
- “Rodeo 1” will be completed by adding a 2pm performance each Friday before the regularly scheduled rodeo weekends for a specific age group with all their events:
Friday, May 8th– ALL Intermediates
Friday, June 5th – ALL Seniors
Friday, July 24th – ALL Juniors
Underage will run their poles & goats back to back at June
Underage will run their dummy roping & barrels back to back at July
- Eligibility for jacket and year end awards will be 4 of the 7 rodeos
- Awards banquet per usual.
PLAN B = 5 Rodeos (If April and May rodeos are cancelled)
- 5 Rodeos for the season between June & July, spreading “Rodeo 1” out between the two months as Friday performances for specific age groups:
Friday 2pm, June 5th: All Seniors and Intermediates would run all their events Friday, 2pm July 24th: All Juniors & Underage would run all their events
- Eligibility for “jacket”* and year end awards will be 3 of the 5 rodeos
* eligibility prize would not be a jacket, but an award that still includes sponsors.
- Cut back on year end awards, scale back the banquet, and more details to come if this happens to be the option we are left with.
PLAN C = If April, May & June Rodeos are cancelled, we will see ya in 2021!