COWRA 2018 Queen
Zoey is the daughter of Carlin and Gretchen Miller of Tumalo, Oregon and a 6th grade student at William E. Miller Elementary. Zoey is a proud member of the Central Oregon Pee Wee Rodeo Association, Rhinestone Riders 4-H Club, as well as the Oregon Junior High Rodeo Association. She loves all things horses and her favorite rodeo event is Pole Bending. Zoey also is an avid wake surfer and enjoys camping and hiking in the summer with her family.
Want To Run For Queen?
2019 Tryouts will be Saturday, July 28 2018 after the rodeo is done.
- CONTEST FOR QUEEN: The tryout for Queen will take place after the last Saturday rodeo. Contest is open to all female participants/members of the COPWRA, except former rodeo queens. Contestants must tryout on the horses that they will be using for their Queen duties. Contestants will be given the contest rules prior to contest and judging will be based on ability and performance of contest requirements.
- COURT RESPONSIBILITIES: Court will represent the COPWRA by riding in 2 of the 3 Central Oregon parades (Prineville, Sisters and Madras). Queen will at all times behave in such a way as to bring credit to the COPWRA. If a Queen does not represent the COPWRA in the manner acceptable as to fulfilling duties, it will be up to the discretion of the Board of Directors and officers as to whether or not the Queen will finish the year as Queen.
- PARENTAL RESPONSIBILITES: Transportation to the parades will be provided by the parents of the Queen. Outfits for the Queen, gear for her horses, ect. shall be chosen and supplied by the Queens parents. COPWRA will provide a buckle, chaps and serape.
The contestant will be ask to:
- Do a Queen run-in
- Do a flag run-in
- Answer some easy Rodeo and horsed questions
- Do a figure 8 stop and back up at lest 4 steps.
For 2019 tryout information please contact:
225 SW Meadowlakes DR
Prineville, OR 97754
The Central Oregon Pee Wee Rodeo Association was established in 1985. It’s known to be one of Oregon’s largest youth rodeo associations, an all-volunteer organization, consisting of 200+ contestants from all of Oregon & the Pacific Northwest contestant’s ages 3 to 14.
Thank you Sarah Teskey, WT Bruce & Lindsey Wiley Photos for the use of your rodeo photos.