General Meeting Agenda on July 23, 2022
Discussion, meeting called to order by President Ryan Kimball on Saturday, July 23rd at 5:33pm. Covered grandstands. General meeting.
– Review 2022 year ; all sorts of weather but we did it and so far it’s been a good year. Good cattle, rodeoing.
– Banquet Saturday Oct 15th in Prineville, Indoor Arena, dinner tickets will be available online. Western Attire. Planning to be a Jr. High Rodeo as well, will be confirmed too.
– Stock contractors must submit their bids by Sept 30th, so a decision can be made at board meeting and fees can be set for the 2023 year. Contact Ryan, Sammee, Kasey they can get you a form that can be submitted. Location freight costs to be included as a line item.
– 2023 locations; we dealt with Burns we went back , we have it another run and in October we will decide where we go. Like the split because of separate arenas and different scene. If in Burns can we change our dates so we aren’t in the artic weather.
– Hired Judges for 2022 Season; people liked it. There was a concern on Burns judge in barrels, confusing on responsibilities. People volunteering said we don’t need you so judges left. Cost was $250 per day per judge, so $1,000 weekend. Judging needs to be more consistent. Craig was in charge of hiring them but we can move forward and try to improve them. Maybe have a judges meeting before each rodeo with all directors. Run down each event and go over all the pee wee specific rule with director. I like having the set judges. If they are there for an unforeseen time then increase their pay.
– Sammee and entries
Discuss how voting will take place if more than one nomination
– General memberships vote on board/directors. Board/ directors vote on rules at their annual meeting.
– Board of Directors will have their meeting on Sunday, October 16th to review and discuss rule proposals and changes for ’23 season.
Have a director with assistant director positions in the future. You don’t want to jump in without a life jacket and training up the people behind us.
2 year term. No appointing.
– Rodeo Entry and Membership Secretary
o Sammee Green, by Craig Neher
Liz Russell, nominated by Jen Robinson
– Goat Director-
o Alesa Peterson, nominated by Josh Peterson
o Jessica Steel, Kelsey Nonella
o Casey Romine, by Liz Russell
o Erica Leehman, by Dani Gregg
– Calf Tying Director-
o Tony Green, by Tygh O’Malley
– Rough Stock Director-
o Tygh O’Malley, nominated by Stephanie O’Malley
– Barrel Racing Director-
o Katy Schnabele, nominated by Cragi Neher
o Jackie Rhoden, nominated by Liz Russell
– Award Director 1-
o Katy Kimball, nominated by Katy Kimball
– Award Director 2-
o Sam Gallagher, nominated by Kasey Every
Nicole Muller wants to help
– Association Secretary-
o Kasey Every by Craig Neher
2023 Rule Proposals or Suggestions:
– Junior breakaway dummy starts at least 10’ from the front of roping chute; Cody Every
o That a good learning tool. People liked this idea.
o Keep the ribbon barrier.
o How will the flag start? When the kid nods? The time should start when the horse breaks the plane of the barrier.
– No make-up runs, period.; Craig Neher.
o Choose what you want to do. There is not the opportunity in life to get to do whatever we want to do.
o Make it very clear in the rulebook.
– Allowing makeup runs for fair, 4H kids only. Jody Holmes
o County Fair conflict they can makeup
– Yes you can have rosin in the rough stock. Correct this in the rule book.
– Proposal for 3 loops in the intermediate in senior team roping, like the high school rodeo rules.
– Hiring paramedics to be at the rodeo, paramedics. You can hire Cascade Medical and Christine Mahoney will sell sponsorships to pay for this. Designated caller to call in paramedics up in the announcer stand. If there is an injury in arena there is a person in charge of calling in paramedics. Have this be a part of the “meeting”. If you have someone on site they will know the protocol of when and who to call. CMT… Mahoney will set this up and have them there.
o Ryan Kimball will follow-up with Mahoney’s on this issue.
o Do we know of a paramedic on site until we can have help here. Make sure we always know someone is here.
13 past COPWRA members are in the National High School Rodeo Short Finals
Proposal to hire a tractor driver all day each day, so it’s not a fight on speaker.
Rodeo entries; shorter entry dates, there will be a preliminary draw, there is a late fee, once final draw is posted will not be taking entries. Trying to avoid. We will work with our payment processing is an issue. Keep your confirmation numbers.
Grand Entry and Queen is being crowned tomorrow morning, please pay attention.
We have no enforcement of the rules for $25 fee and ineligible for awards for volunteers not showing up